Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No good deed goes unpunished

It was time to finally get the quick-cam pics from Sundance developed. I dropped off the 2 cameras at the Fed Hill CVS. 4 days later I get a call from them looking for a "Brian Naylor". That hasn't been my name since my 3rd run in the witness protection program; I hung up.

The next Sunday, I decide to go to the gym (so as not to continue approaching the size of the average American...) and pick up the pics. I stop by CVS first; I am given 1 envelope of pics when I gave them 2 camera. I remind "Brittany" of this, and she goes searching for the other envelope. She finds it - great. I head to the gym. Of course, the gym is closed because of a water main break on Cross St. Wonderful. I decide to check out my pics and then go home. I open the first (thicker) envelope and see some nice pics of Main St. Sundance and the Canyons Resort. I open the next envelope and find a single pic of 3 women at some formal event. I've never seen these women in my life. Great. I go back to CVS and tell the manager what's happened. He takes my info and promises to pass it on to the developer.

I get a call yesterday from said developer who wants to know what was in my pics so he can look for them. I told him street scenes, snowboarding, and art work. Simple enough, right? I'll be extremely pissed if those pics are lost - those were the better bunch...

2 comments:

Heather said...

So did you ever get your pictures?!

Byron said...

Alas, I did not. The phott company used to call me every Friday with updates, but eventually stopped calling. Very sad.